Rotel Releases Home Theater Bypass Update
Posted on April 06 2022
Exciting news from Rotel as they release the latest version of their Home Theater Bypass feature!
This feature will allow a stereo preamplifier or integrated amplifier to be used with a surround sound processor or receiver to easily switch between the two systems.
The Benefits Of HT Bypass
- Improved stereo performance without having to turn on the entire home theater system.
- Front channel speakers optimized for performance using an ideally suited amplifier.
- Added listening device options from the pre-amplifier or integrated amplifier.
Rotel Stereo models that support HT Bypass are:
- A12MKII and A14MKII using the Aux 1 input
- RA-1572MKII, RA-1592MKII, RC-1572MKII and RC-1590MKII using the Aux and XLR input
- P5 using the Aux 1 and XLR 1 input
- X5 using the Aux 1 and XLR input
- X3 using the Aux and XLR input
Rotel HT Bypass is set up using the Fixed Gain adjustment of the preamplifier or integrated amplifier. The settings menu is used to select the input and set the level for Fixed Gain. Accurate performance will depend on setting the Fixed Gain level as shown below:
A12MKII, A14MKII, 74
RA-1572MKII, RA-1592MKII, RC-1572MKII 73
HT Bypass level: The volume level range can be adjusted under HT Bypass mode from -10 dB to 3dB (-10,-9,-8... 0, 1, 2,3), the default level is 0 dB.
Connections: Connect the Front Left and Right line level outputs of your Home Theater Processor to the Aux input of your Stereo Preamp/Integrated Amplifier.
Switching and Control: For stereo listening, turn on the two-channel system and select any input except the designated HT Bypass to adjust the volume for desired stereo performance.
Surround Sound Listening: Turn on both systems and select the designated HT Bypass input on the pre-amplifier or integrated amplifier. Adjust the volume of the surround sound system for desired performance. There is no need to adjust the volume of the two-channel system that is set to Fixed Gain.
In order to ensure that you are able to get the most out of this functionality, check here to make sure your firmware is up to date.